Today I would like to tell you about the prepositional case. We use it when we are talking about location after prepositions в (in), на (on). Look at the example:
- Георгий в доме – George is in the house (house is his location)
- Ваза на столе – Vase is on the table (table is its location)
So every time when you talk about location you have to use the prepositional case, which means you need to add (or if a word is ending in a vowel to replace the last letter with) the ending -е.
As you can see from the table – usually we need to use the ending -e for the prepositional case, but when the noun is ending in -ий, -ия, –ие we have to replace them with -ии.
I hope it was useful! If you feel it is easy for you you can improve your grammar level by reading more about the prepositional case.
Hello my Friends!
Today I would like to tell you about the Accusative case.
Look at the example:
Steven is a person who makes an action. He is a subject. His car doesn’t do anything. It does not make any action but it accepts the Steven’s action. So we can call it a direct object. So if we have objects we should put them into the Accusative case. Which means we should replace some endings. Look at the table of endings:
As you can see we change only feminine nouns (we replace the ending -а with -у and the -я with -ю). This is why we have changed “машина“ to “машину“.
And we also change masculine animated nouns. Saying animated I mean a person or an animal. For example: Я знаю президента – I know the president. (“President” is a masculine animated noun, that’s why we added the ending -a).
And remember if you love, hate, see, buy, lose, find, watch, know, read, learn things – they are your objects and should be in the accusative case.
I hope it was understandable!
We have two absolutely replaceable ways to compare things. The first one is really very easy. Everything you have to do is just to memorize few words:
- более – more
- менее – less
- самый /-ая / –ое / –ые – the most (superlative degree)
- Этот дом более комфортный чем этот. – This house is more comfortable.
- Эта книга более интересная. – This book is more interesting.
- Этот город – самый красивый – This city is the most beautiful.
The other way to compare things is replacing the adjectives’ endings with -ее
- Этот дом комфортнее. – this house is more comfortable.
- Эта книга интереснее. – this book is more interesting
- Этот город красивее – this city is more beautiful
Continue reading HOW TO COMPARE – PART 2